E-governance is the use of information and communication technologies to support good governance.
The growth of ICT has provided the means for faster and better communication.
With the help of these, services can be made easily available to the stake holders.
This can minimize the visits of stakeholders to the college.
Currently, the college has many such facilities for the staff, students and other stakeholders.
- All type of fees is collected from students through SBI e-collect.
- Admissions into Undergraduate and Post-graduate courses are carried on through the SAMS (Students Academic Management System) portal of the Higher Education Department.
- Data for preparation if Identity Cards of students is obtained from SAMS.
- Students CLCs are obtained from the SAMS portal.
- Students Migration Certificates are obtained from the University Website.
- Salary of the regular employees are paid through HRMS (Human Resources Management System) of the State Government.
- The salary of the Outsourced Employees is credited into the account of the service provider online. The service provider credits salary to individual accounts online.
- Data of all the permanent employees is available on HRMS.
- Payment for more than 95% of the purchases is made through RTGS/NEFT.
- Communications from and to the government are carried out online.
- Examination related activities have been automated.
- Students can check their results online from the confines of their homes.
- Students mark-sheets and certificates (2012-13 to 2020-21) have been uploaded on NAD (National Academic Depository). Students can access them from any place online.